Zachary Piper Solutions is currently seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to help support the Department of State in Beltsville, MD. The Windows Administrator will provide technical expertise working independently or with other staff. The primary area of responsibilities will include the administration and support of existing and new Windows systems across multiple domains and networks. Below is the job description for the role, please let me know if you believe you would be a good fit for the opportunity as they are actively interviewing for this specific opportunity!
Daily Responsibilities of the Windows Systems Administrator:
- Provide Windows administration support to existing and new infrastructure, including ongoing support, and addressing performance problems that may be present.
- Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing Windows configurations to support future growth and expansion.
- Participate in design reviews, program reviews and technical meetings as needed.
- Troubleshoot Windows systems when necessary and suggests/make improvements to those systems/configurations.
- Provisioning, configure, and troubleshoot Windows systems in support of Projects and customer needs.
- Provide Tier 3 support troubleshooting Windows systems when necessary. Provide recommendations for improvements to those systems/devices.
- Draft supporting system documentation; system design, system diagram, system security plan, etc.
Qualifications of the Windows Systems Administrator include:
- Active Secret Clearance
- 5+ in the Windows Administration, Systems Integration, or engineering professional experience.
- Certifications- Preferred but not absolutely required: MCSA, MSCE, Security +.
- Experience with Windows 2008, 2012 R2, 2016 environments.
- Understanding of Active Directory implementation, design, maintenance and general administration duties.
- Understanding and experience with Group Policy Management and application of local security policies using GPO.
- Solid understanding of Network fundamentals to include TCP/IP and sub-netting
Compensation for the Windows Systems Administrator includes:
- Salary Range: $90,000-$115,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with Voya, and Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to Wade Ponce de Leon at email@example.com
- Systems engineer, systems engineering, systems administrator, systems administration, systems admin, sys admin, sys e, windows, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k