Zachary Piper Solutions is looking for a Systems Administrator to support a project of upgrading 2000+ devices from Windows 7 to Windows 10 operating system. The position is in support of a contract with the Administrative Office of United States Courts – Administrative Office Technology Office (AOUSC-AOTO) in Washington DC.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 operating system, excellent people skills and strong problem-solving skills. The candidate will work exclusively on imaging machines, migrating user profile, installing customer requested applications and deploying the device as per the schedule. The position is part of special project team consisting of engineers and a subject matter expert who will report to Senior Project Manager.
- Test and Deploy Windows 10 Image on supported laptop and desktop including setting up printers and other peripherals.
- Keep track of all Windows 10 issues from patches, features, deployment, permissions on the Project site and ticketing system
- Migrating User profiles from Windows 7 to Windows 10 operating system using MDT process
- Install requested application/s on user machine
- Collaborate with operations, PC Lab and Helpdesk resources to troubleshoot issues related to Windows 10 migration.
- Work directly with customer pre- and post-deployment to resolve any issues pertaining to migration process
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years work experience in Information Technology
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- Excellent customer support skills (In-person and on the phone). Excellent soft skills including a mastery of customer service – theory and execution.
- Extensive experience with migrating users from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Working knowledge of active directory for Windows 10 group policy settings.
- Familiarity with Desktop Image creation/deployment process (Quest KACE 2000 or similar)
- Knowledge of Microsoft products such as O365, SharePoint, outlook and Skype for business.
- Software and hardware troubleshooting skills to resolve issues arising due to Windows 10 Operating system
- Understanding of encryption process using windows bit locker
- Understanding of Project Management Concepts
- Experience working with WinMagic SecureDoc Encryption tool
- Knowledge of Quest’s K1000 and K2000 tools for Application deployment and Image creation
- Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system
- $60,000 - $70,000 annually (Based off experience)
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K