Position: Telecom Engineer
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Hours: 8:15-5 PM
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education
Our client is looking for someone who is responsible for infrastructure supporting web services platforms. This includes the architecture, maintenance and monitoring.
- Maintain network operations on a day-to-day basis for a complex network of over 400 workstations and 150 servers as part of the Infrastructure Services team.
- Troubleshoot and proactively monitor telecommunications systems, including the Mitel PBX, Oaisys Call recording, Voice4Net surveys & screen pops, MiCollab, IVR, Biscom Faxcom.
- Provide documentation of telecom systems and network topology.
- Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned, in conjunction and collaboration with call center teams.
- Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to: maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed.
- Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
- Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve call center/customer service problems.
- Ensure cost-effective telecommunications services through periodic review of proper licensing, billing reports and contracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred, or demonstrated equivalent of work experience and industry accreditation.
- 5 years System Engineering experience
- Technical certification training in telecommunications services (i.e. Mitel, Skype, Cisco)
- Expert experience supporting Mitel technologies (i.e. PBX, ACD, IVR, Oaysis).
- Extensive experience supporting medium to large call centers.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server.
- Strong experience with managing telecom circuits (i.e. SIP trunks), vendors and contracts
- Experience with VMware ESXi in a clustered environment.
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft clustering.
- Experience with collaboration technologies (i.e. Skype for Business, WebEx, etc.)
- Ability to administer large and complex computer networks.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org