Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Duration: Direct Placement
Location: Jessup, MD
Our client is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their team in their Jessup, MD Engineering Center to work with our engineering team developing new inverters and charge controllers. Key responsibilities include setting and driving the product development schedule, managing the stage-gate process, translating requirements to a project plan and assessing resource requirements. The focus of this position is to improve our time-to-market in collaboration with Product Management, Manufacturing, and Engineering. This also includes project scope & schedule definition, project and product communication and transfer to manufacturing.
- Establish clear expectations for the projects
- Develop and manage project scope, deliverables, and objectives
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Identify and resolve issues prior to and during the project execution
- Maintain a balanced perspective between the product management requirements and engineering and manufacturing needs
- Facilitating change requests to ensure all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Communicate a clear and accurate picture of the project throughout the project
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering or a technical field (STEM)
- 5+ years of experience managing in-house technology product development projects using a stage-gate process, including life-cycle management
- Proven record of on-time project completion through the use of project management methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Ability to manage multiple engineering projects
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and talent working with engineers
- Experience in the renewable, engineering and/or manufacturing industry
- Experience managing new mechanical, hardware, firmware and software product development projects
- Agile project management experience
- Experience managing outsourced or partially outsourced project