Security Clearance Requirement - Active DHS/DOD Secret clearance.
Primary Location: Annapolis Junction, MD and Colorado Springs, CO
Responsibilities: Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Engineer/Architect. The work is high profile and critical to our nations’ security. The Engineer/Architect provides all the necessary technical expertise and guidance to architect and design agency enterprise solutions. This position ensures effective execution of architecture tasks with the agency assigned projects. The position for technical solution development and deployment engagements. The position performs a critical role in understanding the clients’ strategic and programmatic needs, proposing effective solutions, and consistently providing high-level customer service. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Architects and designs enterprise-class systems for multiple environments
- Identifying and communicating current and emerging technology concepts
- Conducting Design Workshops with multiple stakeholders
- Working to develop strategic plans for architecture, engineering and integration.
- Providing reporting and feedback to senior management as required
- Identifying implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives
- Designing, implementing and maintaining procedures relating to service catalog and/or service level management activities
- Supporting the development and delivery of proposals and/or Rough Orders Magnitude (ROMs) for initiatives as required
- Assisting in rectifying issues and improving service in faltering/failing projects
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of 15 years of enterprise architecting & engineering experience with DHS and DoD clients including use of agile methodologies (SAFe, Scrum, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, Rapid Prototyping)
- Experience implementing technical solutions in complex and heterogeneous environments, including the following:
- Experience developing, configuring, and delivering COTS solutions in support of enterprise IT infrastructure design (e.g. network, storage, virtualization, database, 3rd party tools)
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Experience leading multi-organizational and matrixed technical resources and teams in accordance with approved integration plans and TO terms and conditions.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience deploying technical solutions into enterprises
- Demonstrated expertise in security policy and implementation.
- Experience understanding organizational needs, proposing solutions, and managing project execution efforts designed to deliver overall program benefits for Government Agencies
- Strong experience in ensuring customer satisfaction, problem resolution, and risk management on several medium to large projects
- Technical leadership in Enterprise Architecture (EA), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and IT Service Delivery
- Experience in conducting assessments at an Enterprise by reviewing technical documentations, conducting interviews and workshops to identify gaps and developing a tailored solution is highly desired
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an IT, engineering, or science discipline and/or 10+ years of experience in an IT Project or Program Management role.
- Agile certification such as Certified ScrumMaster, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, SAFe Agilist or SAFe for Government Certification a plus.
- Certifications in technical confines such as Microsoft, Redhat, IBM a plus.