The Systems Administrator monitors and supports systems and systems infrastructure solutions to advance NETCOM’s organizational goals and objectives. The position provides advanced-level technical expertise, as well as escalation support, for all managed systems, infrastructure, and services. The Systems Administrator actively works on multiple technical projects simultaneously. In addition, as a member of the Systems team, the Systems Administrator maintains shared responsibility for day-to-day technical support of the organization’s workstation, VoIP, and server environments.
- Respond to trouble tickets and perform troubleshooting on the systems supporting the Joint Management Network infrastructure
- Maintain and administer systems standards, documentation, processes, and procedures
- Work with other departments to activate services and assists with problem resolution as required
- Prepare written reports and other documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
- Serve as the next level for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing systems related impairments
- Perform training for fellow technical professionals and customers
- Monitor and handle unscheduled and scheduled maintenance work
- Ability to craft effective methods and procedures for group procedures
- Establish and recommend systems infrastructure policies and standards for the team and organization.
- Monitor performance, security, and availability of the server environment. Recommend changes in technologies and practices to improve these metrics.
- Administration in all aspects of maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Following a build process: plan, build and implement physical and virtual Windows servers Enforce security controls and maintain operation readiness
- Provide general support activities to restore service in break/fix situations
- Manage and maintain equipment and peripherals for the Global Management Team
BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with VMware products
- Experience with Client hardware(standalone/Blades)
- Experience with Windows Sever and Active Directory including Local Group and Security Policies
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Self-motivated and works well in a diverse team environment with the ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate proficiency with rack server hardware (Client, Dell, etc.)
- Proficiency with Windows Server 2003, 2008 and/or 2012 (R2)
- Able to provide software support for the laptops, desktop computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, and testing new software.
- Capable to interpret system configuration event log.
- Team Player with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Capable of writing technical procedures that assist personnel on “how to” scenarios, as needed.
- Able to create and/or modify scripts (batch/PowerShell)
DESIREABLE KEY TECHNOLOGIES:
- Windows Server and Desktop
- BMC Remedy ITSM
Clearance: Must possess a Top Secret Security Clearance and be capable of obtaining and maintaining an SCI.
Certifications: Must meet DoD 8570 requirements for IAT Level III Certification – CISSP, CASP CE, GCIH, or CISA, upon hire.
Computing Environment Certification also required, i.e.; Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA), minimum. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), preferred.
Attendance: Must have the ability to work 8-hour shifts in an environment that requires 7 days/24 hour support.
Please email qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.