Piper Companies is currently looking for a Sr. Windows and Infrastructure Cloud Engineer to work in Beltsville, MD.
Responsibilities for the Sr. Windows and Infrastructure Cloud Engineer:
- Serve as technical lead on assigned projects and interface directly with customers during requirements gather, system design, and implementation.
- Support the design and implementation of a cloud security services strategy for monitoring the IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions for customers across multiple cloud environments and offerings (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc...)
- Work within a team and lead cloud based engineering efforts supporting the deployment of security monitoring capabilities and hosted infrastructure management.
- Attend cloud based strategy and steering meetings. Provide technical expertise to support continued adoption and implementation of cloud security principals. Support new cloud customers with the integration and adoption of customer security services.
- Support the architecture, design, deployment, and migration of the customers on-prem business applications to the Cloud (Azure, AWS).
- Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
- Interpret and provide solutions on complex technologies/architectures.
- Create automated approaches and scripts for system administration tasks where possible and appropriate.
- Develop clear, concise installation, configuration procedures, and runbooks to contribute to the maintenance of operational standards.
- Provide advanced systems and intermediate network support as requested as part of troubleshooting analysis.
- Provide technical expertise with infrastructure migration methodologies
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology
- Support on-prem hosted infrastructure with activities related to capacity planning, maintaining, and sustainment
Qualifications for the Sr. Windows and Infrastructure Cloud Engineer:
- Active Secret Clearance
- 6+ years of infrastructure experience
- 3+ years of cloud solution design and architecture, Azure preferred, AWS will also work
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong background in Windows Server and Microsoft based applications
- Networking Experience, Solid understanding of/experience with routing/switching, firewalls, network protocols, DNS, VPN, load balancing, etc.
- The Engineer will join a team of 10-15 that team providing security services including cyber incident response, threat analysis and security operations support. The Integration team is responsible for the IT Infrastructure that the Analyst’s utilizing to protect the Dept. of State’s network and safeguard its data.
- The Senior Infrastructure Cloud Engineer will work closely with the Cloud Security Engineering and Operations teams supporting the design and implementation of cloud security monitoring capabilities and dedicated cloud hosted security analytics infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience in designing and building cloud infrastructure and systems to include experience with the migration and deployment of applications from on-prem to a cloud hosted solution.
- A key portion of the job will include the on-site training of our Operations team to support operationalizing the function of monitoring and management of cloud hosted infrastructure and systems. The candidate will work on a team supporting the program leading efforts to maintain and sustain on-prem infrastructure services, data center subsystems, and associated hosting systems
Highly Preferred Certifications for the Sr. Windows and Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure
Compensation for the Sr. Windows and Infrastructure Cloud Engineer:
- Salary Range: $140,000 - $155,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, Vacation, Holiday, 401k
Please send resumes to Garrett Bernier at firstname.lastname@example.org or call # 703.552.8192
Azure , AWS, Google, Cloud, cloud solution design and architecture, Infrastructure experience, routing/switching, firewalls, network protocols, DNS, VPN, load balancing, 401k, holidays, PTO, benefits