Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a professional and highly motived candidate for a CNIC Senior Systems Administrator which will support IT engineering and architecture requirements for Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC). CNIC enables and sustains naval forces from the Shore by designing, developing and delivering integrated shore capabilities to the Fleet, Fighter and Family.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Senior member of the system engineering team for a major DOD enterprise network.
- Actively monitors operational condition of all systems.
- Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Collaborates with other system engineers or application owners to design solutions for customers.
- Identifies hardware, software and services required to meet customer needs.
- Manages system stability, operation, and scalability.
- Provide technical guidance for troubleshooting systems and designing new solutions.
- Evaluate current or developing technologies to consider for implementation weighing such factors as cost, compatibility, and usability.
- Communicate with customers to understand current and future requirements for their systems and be able to speak on their behalf to the configuration management team.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, new processes, and procedures.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance to include installing or upgrade hardware or software.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Evaluate existing systems to suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Communicate project information through technical reports and presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Minimum 5-8 years of directly related experience in in Systems Administration (Windows/Unix), Active Directory, Storage, Virtualization and IA/Cyber Security compliance required.
- Active DOD Secret clearance required; SSBI desired.
- Current Security+ certification required.
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/7, etc.)
- Active Directory (2003/2008) group policies design and implementation
- Implementing and supporting Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, SMS)
Please email qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.