Job Title: Sr Full Stack Java Developer
Employment Type: Contract to Hire
Compensation: Competitive Based on Experience and Education
Work Status: US or Green Card holders only
Our client is looking for a Sr Full Stack Java Developer to be a technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry. The candidate must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation of SOA/Microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation of the Java, JEE platform, MicroService Architecture, REST, Angular, Typescript, Web Content Accessibility/USDS, UX, and SQL/data modelling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting-edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Software Engineer will play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloud computing, and data lake / big data technologies.
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies
- Single Page Application Front-End (Angular, Sass, Typescript, NodeJS)
- Netflix OSS stack (Eureka, Zuul, etc)
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins Pipelines, Docker, Groovy, Ansible)
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, java enterprise services, service-oriented architectures, security, business process management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards).
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component, including front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (SQL and data modeling).
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 7+ years of experience with Java systems/application analysis & design
- 4+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/REST integration
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably SAFe
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience in building responsive UIs with modern front-end technologies (Angular 2+, Sass, Typescript, Bootstrap)
- Excellent knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Preferred experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Preferred experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, Junit, Karma/Jasmine)
- Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
- Preferred experience with big data (Cloudera) & Java integration