Job Title: Sr Data Engineer- Informatica
Location: Baltimore Metro Area
Our client is looking for a Data Engineer to provide full lifecycle development & support necessary to consolidate three existing legacy applications into a single redesigned application for a major agency within Health & Human Services. The selected individual will have a background supporting the healthcare industry, and have an advanced understanding of ETL, data ingestions, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data visualization, & SQL/Data modeling.
- Architect, design, develop, implement, and maintain code, information architecture, and conceptual models to support data processing, and flows thru data lake
- Landing Zone - data ingestion of raw data or capture of streaming data
- Discovery Zone – evaluate data quality, transform raw data, and cleanse data
- Enterprise Zone – transform into data model for external consumption by reporting & self-service BI
- Develop data & metadata policies and procedures
- Review and evaluate database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component including platform, business logic, data process logic, or database (SQL and data modeling).
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelors of Science (or higher) in computer science or related field
- 8+ years of systems/application analysis & design experience
- 5+ years of combined experience ETL (e.g. Informatica, Talend, or other ETL tool)
- At least 3 years of experience with Informatica
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDS) including SQL, stored procedures, data modeling
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, complex SQL tuning, and data warehouse best practices
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux commands especially in processing data files
- Preferred experience with Big Data (Cloudera) & Java integration
- Preferred experience with AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Preferred experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, DBSlim, Junit)
- Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Baltimore Metro Area, MD 21244
Confidential / Public Trust
Zachary Piper Solutions