Zachary Piper is currently seeking a Sr. Cyber Threat Intel Analyst the will be supporting the Managed Security Service Security Operations Center (MSS SOC) in Herndon, VA where they monitor and protect client networks and systems from cyber-attacks, threats, and adversaries. Analysts will have the opportunity to monitor and protect numerous infrastructures at the same time and have access to a wide range of Cyber tools, technologies, and access to extensive cyber capabilities. Please let me know if the description/opportunity fits what you are looking for in your next opportunity. Looking forward to hearing from you as we have phone interview times set up with the hiring manager for this week and early next week!
Responsibilities of the Cyber Threat Intel Analyst Include:
- Monitoring and analyzing logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies (IDS/IPS, Firewall, Proxies, Anti-Virus, etc.), across multiple platforms and varied platforms.
- Assessing the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies on customer networks.
- Creating comprehensive security write-ups which articulate security issues, analysis and remediation techniques.
- Analyzing and escalating security incidents to clients and stakeholders both written and verbally.
- Responding to technical security questions and concerns from clients
- Possessing a deep understanding of hacker techniques, vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
- Maintaining a strong awareness and understanding of the current threat landscape.
- Conducting research on emerging security threats and potential customer impact.
Qualifications of the Cyber Threat Intel Analyst include:
- 4+ years of Network Security Experience
- Experience using Open Source (OSINT) Intelligence Feeds, Tools, and Technologies to Understand Potential Threats to the Network
- Senior level understanding/knowledge of APT’s/Emerging Threats and the Indicators of Compromise (IoC’s) associated, High familiarity with recent industry trends/hacks, etc.
- Experience with Twitter feeds, sites to monitor IoC's, mailing lists like Crimeware, Maltego, VirusTotal... experience using a FireEye feed or other threat feed.
- Need to understand APT's and speak to potential threats that may affect the network
- Understanding of signature frameworks (Snort, YARA, Bro, IDS Signatures) and SIEM Content
Compensation for the Cyber Threat Intel Analyst include:
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $130,000 based on experience.
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits, 401K Employer Matching, Flexible Work Schedule, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Eligible for Bonuses.
Please send all resumes to Wade Ponce de Leon at email@example.com
Keywords: Arcsight, Nitro, QRader, Alien Vault, Splunk, PCAP, Packet Capture, monitoring, NOC, TCP/IP, SSL, Wireshark, Linux, Unix, network security, security operations center