Zachary Piper Solutions is currently looking for Sr. IT Security Operations Analyst for a full-time opportunity in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities for the Sr. IT Security Operations Analyst include:
- Advise on execution of security operations for a large organization, including in-house security engineers and a 24x7 NOC\SOC
- Collaborate with cybersecurity teams on threats, vulnerabilities, incident handling, remediation and advice for long term sustainable improvements/countermeasures.
- Conduct security scanning and evaluate results for vulnerability management.
- Report and communicate results and work cross-functionally with storage, network, server, software and application engineers to assess risk level, develop, and recommend appropriate vulnerability remediation measures.
- Identify systemic security issues based on analysis of vulnerability and configuration.
- Serve as liaison with Security Operations Center (SOC) COE cybersecurity related incidents.
- Be available for 24/7 On-call rotation for security operations remediation services.
- Create, update and maintain design, architecture, data profiles, licenses, support agreements, standard operating procedures, work instructions, and knowledge articles.
- Lead change and foster continuous improvement while serving as a part of collaborative team.
Qualifications for the Sr. IT Security Operations Analyst include:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in security operations, vulnerability assessment, remediation, incident detection and response, malware analysis, and/or cyber forensics.
- Skilled in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities.
- 5+ years of experience in security operations for a large organization, including in-house security engineers or a 24x7 NOC\SOC
- 8+ years of hands-on experience administrating operating systems (Windows, Linus, AIX, UNIX, etc.) and server hardening processes
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in maintaining and using Symantec Endpoint Protection and similar tools.
- Strong understanding of both security and network fundamentals and protocols (e.g. IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Scanning, Monitoring and Prioritization, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, Security Information and Event Management [SEIM] and web content filtering, etc.)
- Familiarity with developing and implementing monitoring capabilities, including Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM), for on-premise and cloud service provider infrastructure (e.g. Azure)
- Experience using SolarWinds, Tenable Security Center, Trend Micro, BigFix, and IronPort Security tools – Preferred
- Must be US Citizen with the ability to successfully complete a background investigation for a Public Trust
Compensation for the Sr. IT Security Operations Analyst includes:
- Salary Range: $130,000 to $180,000 per year based on experience
- Full Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, , and Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to Jason Olsavsky at email@example.com
Security, SOC, Public trust, operations, center, Nessus, Tenable, Symantec, Endpoint, document, vulnerability, intrusion, network, cyber, analysis, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k
Zachary Piper Solutions is a National Security technology company and growing government contractor delivering human capital solutions and services in support of mission-critical initiatives within the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. Our team is focused on providing top level services within Software Development, Systems Engineering and Cyber Security.