Zachary Piper Solutions has a current full-time opportunity for Cyber Analyst - DevOps as part of a Cyber Security Operations team based in Reston, VA.
Responsibilities for the Cyber Analyst - DevOps include:·
- Developing or enhancing existing full suites of custom cyber security tool sets with an emphasis on front-end, graphical user interfaces and web application development.
- Setting up and deploying servers and operating systems to host critical cyber security tools.
- Developing tools to integrate open source applications with widely used commercial security tools.
- Monitor SIEM (ArcSight and Splunk) and other network security devices for alerts
- Investigating alerts using any and all available tools and data resources.
- Update the functionality and maintain uptime of existing tools
Qualifications for the Cyber Analyst - DevOps include:
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
- 3+ yrs programming experience to include scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and bash.
- 3+ yrs experience and knowledge of Linux operating systems
- 3+ yrs experience with system administration at hardware, software, as well as OS levels.
- 3+ yrs experience and knowledge of high and low level network protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- 3+ yrs experience administering databases and developing database applications in traditional relational databases as well as NoSQL ones.
- Experience with IT infrastructure monitoring tools such as Nagios
Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on call support when needed
Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in the cyber security field preferably in a development function within a security operations environment or CERT.
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging security threats, issues, current exploits, attack methodologies, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products including COTS and open source.
- Knowledge and experience of IT monitoring tools and applications
Compensation for the Cyber Security Analyst includes:
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $132,000 per year based on experience
- Full Benefits: United Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Paid Time Off
Please send interest and current resume directly to Danielle Freeman at email@example.com
Security, SIEM, Splunk, scripting, HTTP, cyber, STMP, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k
Zachary Piper Solutions is a National Security technology company and growing government contractor delivering human capital solutions and services in support of mission-critical initiatives within the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. Our team is focused on providing top level services within Software Development, Systems Engineering and Cyber Security.