Job Title: Sr Cloud Engineer
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Length: 3-month contract to hire
Compensation: Competitive based on education and experience
**U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship**
Our client is looking for a talented Cloud Engineer to manage a CMS private AWS cloud architecture and position in cloud environments. You will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
You will work directly with management and the development team to design, configure, support cloud deployment, setup and manage continuous integration pipeline, and administer Linux environments.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Design, configure, manage, and maintain the deployment and operations in Amazon EC2, AWS, VPC, S3, and other AWS services
- Architect, configure and support continuous integration and application deployment into Docker containers
- Provide ongoing administration and support for Linux (RHEL and CentOS) systems
- Provide day-to-day support of applications and services, resolve functional and performance issues
- Work concurrently on multiple projects
- Be a part of development team to create practical solutions in Agile environment
- Overall 10+ years of IT experience and 5 years' experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Experience in design of application deployment and operations in Amazon Cloud environment
- Strong familiarity with the installation and configuration of Docker, EC2, or other virtual containers
- Amazon AWS experience, including EC2, S3/Glacier, Route53, VPC, EBS and Security Groups
- AWS CLI experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Take ownership and work independently on assigned tasks with little supervision
- Experience in a scaled Agile environment, preferably SAFe
- Expertise in Java Enterprise programming
- Expertise in relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDS), SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience with microservices architecture and microservices design patterns
- Preferred experience with Talend to define ETL workflows on Big Data platform
- Preferred experience with AWS
- Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production