Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior Biostatistician to join a Federal program supporting a DOD effort in Alexandria, VA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Provides expertise in experimental design and sample size considerations, data collection, choosing and implementing appropriate statistical methodologies, and interpreting results.
- Conduct statistical analyses such as Structural Equation Modeling or longitudinal analyses on data sources.
- Provide data management, reporting and analysis support to study investigators using SPSS, R, SAS, and other statistical packages and tools (such as Excel, Tableau, and Python)
- Design, develop, and implement research methods and advanced data analytic techniques to analyze key questions related to suicide prevention program and intervention outcomes and effectiveness.
- Combine large and small data sets to explore hypotheses and answer research questions.
- Perform data mining exercises to identify areas of excellent performance and areas of potential improvement.
- Apply statistical methods including, but not limited to: linear, logistic, and conditional logistic regression models, as well as survey statistics and survival analysis.
- Prepare analysis plans and writes detailed specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicate with clients regarding statistical analysis issues.
- Conduct Automated Media Scoring. Obtain media articles on DoD suicide events weekly and score and evaluate the content; develop an algorithm to automate the media scoring process; develop tailored outreach methods to specific media outlets and reporters that regularly cover media reporting; expand and refine media scoring methods to include social media and other user-generated content sites.
- Review the annual report, provide written feedback, develop briefs, and disseminate findings.
- Provide guidance and instruction on appropriate statistical evaluation methods and practices.
- Assist with justifying and defending statistical analyses to leadership and federal partners.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Doctorate Degree required in Biostatistics, Computer Science, Statistical Mathematics, or other related field and/or discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Statistician/Biostatistician using commercial statistical software packages, preference for SPSS.
- Experience in Suicidology or other behavioral health discipline.
- Proficient in the use of analysis software, namely SAS, and/or R and other innovative techniques (blockchain, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- $115,000 - $135,000 annually (based on experience)
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K etc.
- PTO and Holidays
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Clinical & Life Sciences
Alexandria, United States 22311
Public Trust or Uncleared
Zachary Piper Solutions
Zachary Piper LLC