Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a Splunk Engineer located in NE Washington, DC. The Splunk Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and maintain the architecture/infrastructure of enterprise environment.
Responsibilities for the Splunk Engineer:
- Architect, design, support, and maintain Splunk infrastructure for a highly available and disaster recovery configuration
- Administer Splunk and Splunk Application for Enterprise Security (ES) log management
- Standardize Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of Splunk
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Design core systems performance and troubleshooting logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and reporting methods
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
Qualifications for the Splunk Engineer:
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in a cyber security or related field
- 2 years minimum with hands on administration of Splunk/SIEM tools.
- Must have back end splunk experience. Configuration and design experience
- Must possess at minimum an active Secret Clearance (Top Secret preferred)
Please send resumes to Brandon Denny at firstname.lastname@example.org.