Zachary Piper Solutions is currently seeking a Sr. level Splunk Engineer to help support a newly awarded 5-year contract with the IRS Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) and IRS Cyber Security Data Warehouse contract working in New Carrollton, MD. Please contact the email address below if you believe you are good fit for the role as we are actively hiring for this opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Splunk Engineer include:
- The Splunk Engineer will be responsible for building out the new Splunk Instance including data source on-boarding, Design and implementation of infrastructure from the initial design stages until it’s operational.
- Manage Splunk Users accounts
- Integration with complex LDAP
- Experience creating Presentation layers
- Creation of data retention policies
- Design and implementation of Splunk infrastructure from conception to deployment.
- Develop platform based on customer requirements
- Experience with Core Splunk, Enterprise Security, User Behavior Analytics
- Experience as a Splunk developer and Admin
- Handled Performance tuning
- Understanding of Virtual Infrastructures
Qualifications for the Splunk Engineer include:
- 7+ Years of IT Experience
- 3+ Years of Splunk Experience
- Experience administering, engineering, and designing Splunk instances in a Cyber Security environment
- Data ingestion, data normalization, data parsing, connecting new log sources, dashboard creation, developing new use cases, etc.
- Python preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree- Flexible for the degree
- Ability to obtain IRS Public Trust
- takes about 6-8 weeks to process
Compensation for the Splunk Engineer Includes:
- Salary Range: $140,000-$165,000 based on experience.
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with Voya, and Paid Time Off.
Please send resumes to Wade Ponce de Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Splunk, Engineer, Administrator, Public Trust, Secret, Top Secret, CSS, PowerShell, build, deploy, develop, administer, Scripting, Security