Piper Companies is currently looking for a Software QA Engineer to work in Springfield, VA.
Responsibilities for the Software QA Engineer:
- Verify UNIX server configurations, including network connections and user permissions
- Must demonstrate an understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Design and implement system test and regression plans, test cases, and automated test scripts.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root
- Work with Chief Technology Officer to build and manage a small test/QA team and processes, which may include some offshore resources.
- Recommend test tools and/or frameworks for both functional and performance testing prior to software release
Qualifications for the Software QA Engineer:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in development and/or testing role
- Knowledge of the latest test tools and frameworks needed to support web applications, RESTful interfaces and databases
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, especially Ubuntu and Centos Linux
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, AngularJS, React, Vue, Python, Go, etc.
- Hands-on experience testing in AWS and VMWare environments
- Database skills, mainly in Postgres, Mongo
Compensation for the Software QA Engineer:
- Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, Vacation, Holiday, 401k
Please send resumes to Garrett Bernier at email@example.com
Quality control, QC, quality assurance, QA, software engineer, software engineering, software, software development, computer science, computer engineering, manual, automated, development, functional testing, angularjs, python, java, react, vue, AWS, VMware, azure, restful, database, agile, Microsoft, windows, Linux, Unix, ubuntu, centos, mongo, testing, test, tester, API, scripts, shell, HTTP, HTTPS, router, firewall , medical, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k