Piper Companies is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test that has experience working at a Startup or working with new products built from the ground up. This mind set is required to be integral part of an agile team where requirements are rapidly evolving.
The SDET must be adaptable to feature/functional products changes, and also proactively participates in defining/refining and updating product & test solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication along with the ability to build a relationship of trust with the team is a must.
This position allows 3 days of REMOTE - 2 days on-site in Sterling, VA.
- Be fully engaged in the project team, seek to be a subject matter expert
- Create test strategies manual/automated to effectively ensure the quality of the products
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts and other teams to ensure effective testing for features
- Identify and/or coordinates dependencies between projects/products
- Be proactive and execute tasks with minimal management
- 8+ years overall QA experience
- Experience testing Media products - strongly preferred
- Significant Selenium experience
- Experience implementing RESTful API frameworks such as Rest-Assured, Postman, SOAPUI, ...
- Strong verbal and written communication skill; ability to work well across teams
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies (e.g., AWS) - uploading and managing large data sets a plus e.g., S3 buckets
- Excellent skills 1) defining test strategy, test design 2) executing test & troubleshooting
- Possesses a good understanding of application programming, database, system design, operating systems and networking
- 2 years testing in an Agile environment
- 4 years SQL experience (Oracle or SQL). Must have very good SQL skills.
- Experience with test management systems such as; ALM/QC, Jira
- Proven ability to work remotely
- Must have B.S. in computer science or another related field.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $100,000 to $125,000/year
- Full Benefits: United Healthcare Medical, Metlife Dental, VSP Vision, PTO, 401k w/ 3% Match, Remote Flexibility
- Partial Remote Schedule: Remote – Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday | Onsite – Monday & Thursday
If Interested, please send resumes to Mike Hanlon at email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Sterling, VA 20166
Zachary Piper Solutions
Zachary Piper LLC