Zachary Piper solutions is currently looking for a Software Engineer to support a Federal Client in Herndon, VA. The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing a highly technical application supporting multiple DoD and Intelligence Community Agencies.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on product efficiency.
- Research, adopt, and integrate new technologies.
- Excellent communication interfacing between multiple teams in an Agile methodology
Qualifications of the Software Engineer:
- Direct, hands-on experience developing, configuring, re-engineering, testing, and debugging application code.
- Proven development experience using video processing tools, e.g. ffmpeg
- Proven experience with video encoding/decoding and (de)multiplexing
- Proven experience with industry video standards, e.g. MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264/5, and transport streams.
- Experience with video metadata streams and/or Motion Imagery Standards Profiles (MISP)
- Experience with Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) and/or HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Proven history of building and releasing enterprise grade software products and/or Internet web applications.
- Ability to obtain a Government Security Clearance
Compensation for the Software Engineer:
- $145,000 annually (Based off experience)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits offered
- PTO, Holidays, and 410k
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT, JAVA, C++, C, BASH, FFMPEG, MPEG-2, MOTIOIN IMAGERY STANDARDS, MISP, MPEG-4, H.264/5, TRANSPORT STREAMS, DYNAMIC ADAPTIVE STREAMING, HTTP (DASH), HTTP LIVE STREAMING, FEDERAL, GOVERNMENT, CLEARANCE, CLEARED, SECURITY CLEARANCE.