Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer for a position in Bethesda, MD. This will be supporting a 24/7/365 environment and will require individual to participate in monthly on-call rotation.
Responsibilities for the Senior Linux Engineer
- Must have Linux expertise, current environment runs RHEL 7.x
- Focused on Operation and Maintenance position
- Will be assisting on setting up new accounts and new VMs
- Will be responsible for heavy scripting- using Ansible, Python and BASH
- Individual will be required to participate in an On-Call rotation for 1 week at a time during rotation.
- Individual will assist with migration to AWS, hands on patching and remediation
- Will be responsible for troubleshooting Linux servers, and providing engineering and administration for Linux Servers
Technical Requirements for the Senior Linux Engineer
- 6+ years of hands on Linux engineering and administering Red Hat - preferably 7.x
- 5+ Years with Scripting- MUST also have automation experience using Python and/or Ansible
- Minimum of 2 years working in an AWS environement