Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst, Loan Accounting Transformation in Tysons Corner, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to serve as a business analyst to support the implementation of a new loan accounting system. Upon delivery of the loan accounting system into a run-the-business state, this position will transition to a full-time, run-the-business role within Corporate Accounting. This position will be responsible for documentation of current state loan business processes, support the development of future state business requirements and develop the monthly, quarterly and annual business process using the new application to process the financial close.
- Support the implementation of a loan accounting solution to optimize and refine existing accounting practices.
- Document, through interaction with existing accounting personnel and external business units, functional and reporting requirements that will be implemented as part of the loan accounting solution.
- Support change management efforts to implement the loan accounting solution and ensure that the changes are documented and sustainable across the organization.
- Collaborate with process owners, system users, and business operations across the company to assess operations of the consumer, mortgage and auto loan business.
- Perform research on complex loan accounting, and ad hoc related accounting requests.
- Liaise with external solution provider to analyze system configurations and data dependencies.
- Prepare presentations and communications for stakeholders and management.
- Develop (or assist in) documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and applicable training materials for loan accounting
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant accounting or finance experience in financial services, banking or credit unions.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to understand and document business processes, controls, process flows, and associated source data systems.
- Ability to identify data errors or inconsistencies in numerical data and calculations.
- Ability to comprehend relevant accounting issues/concepts including loan, lease and general accounting.
- Knowledge of project management methodology, processes, tools, scope management, financial tracking, scheduling and resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills required with ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have loan accounting knowledge, demonstrate analytical skills and have general accounting knowledge preferred.
- Some working knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle, Hyperion, Tableau.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- CPA strongly preferred
- Salary: $90,000 to $105,000 + 8% Bonus
- Full Benefits: United Healthcare Medical, Metlife Dental, VSP Vision, PTO, 401k w/ 3% Match
If Interested, please send resumes to Mike Hanlon at email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Mclean, VA 22102
Zachary Piper Solutions