Zachary Piper Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst to support a DoD contract in Alexandria, VA (Mark Center). The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for providing high level expertise collect, abstract, code, analyze, and interpret scientific data contained within information systems and databases related to public health for current work within the Department of Defense.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Analyzes and reports on surveillance data and survey findings using advanced analytical tests and statistical software.
- Interprets results using a public health approach.
- Oversees database management to include managing large data files; and produce computerized reports; prepare written reports and proposals.
- Provides guidance and direction to Junior Data Analyst.
- Identifies and analyzes public health issues and their impact on public policies or epidemiological studies or surveys.
- Evaluate data collection, quality control, and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues.
- Provide data management, reporting and analysis support to study investigators using SPSS, R, SAS, and other statistical packages and tools (such as Excel, Tableau, and Python)
- Manage/merge data from multiple sources, examine data for trends, and generate reports in various formats.
- Assist in obtaining, managing, and analyzing the monthly data
- Review project reports and findings. Review applications, data sets and models for anomalies to ensure accuracy.
- Interpret and display data in a clear and concise manner.
- Clean, organize, and synchronize complex flat and relational databases.
- Conduct in-depth analyses using traditional and advanced methods.
- Interpret the results of quantitative and qualitative analysis to improve the effectiveness of the programmatic and administrative operations.
- Update and disseminate the Weekly and Quarterly Suicide Report.
- Provide coordination for products and reports, to include creating and tracking packages and obtaining signatures.
- Clean data sets and analyze for trends in at risk groups using SPSS, Microsoft Excel, and other statistical software packages (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Merge disparate data sets to create one large operational data set for analysis of trends using data architecture and social science best practices.
- Assist with linking data sets.
- Conduct meetings with the Services to obtain and verify suicide event data.
- Calculate suicide rates, specifically for the U.S. military population.
- Conduct descriptive statistics, univariate and multivariate analyses, nonparametric models and statistics on an as needed basis.
- Provide data visualization in order to display data in the most understandable and appropriate manner as needed.
- Develop reports, read heads, briefs, manuscripts, white papers, info papers, action memos, presentations, publications, and packages. Disseminate findings by briefing leadership in a clear and concise way.
- Schedule meetings and teleconference calls, visit requests, parking, prepare meeting agendas, maintain meeting minutes, taskers and minutes repository
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master's Degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in public health, statistics, or in a related area.
- Proven experience in SPSS, SAS, and/or R.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven application of Microsoft office suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with governmental agency policies, procedures, and culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of public health and social science approaches.
- Experience in Suicidology or other behavioral health disciplines preferred.
- Experience in using CATMS to assign and track tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong client management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize to meet deadline
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Clinical & Life Sciences
Alexandria, VA 22311
Confidential / Public Trust
Zachary Piper Solutions