Zachary Piper Solutions is actively seeking a Network Switching Design Engineer in Quantico, VA. The Network Switching Design Engineer will help figure out requirements for the UCMC’s systems, plan what needs to be purchased, and what impact that will have across the organization.
Network Switching Design Engineer Job Description:
- Evaluate and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems, provides technical expertise for performance, design and configuration of networks
- Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies
- Develop, update, track, and perform Internet Protocol (IP) scheme and assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements
- Support engineering and design of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services; enabling telephone system to interface between data services and the network with unlimited local connection
- Enforce Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Capabilities Requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with Government procedures
- Design, Develop and Integrate network switching utilizing LAN, BAN, Trunking, Port Channels and Virtual Local Area Network (VLANs) and network security utilizing VLANs, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPNs)
- Operate standard Active Directory (AD) services (plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services) for network devices and appliances.
- Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups using a working knowledge of Domain Name Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Portal (DHCP)
- Design, Develop and Integrate application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Perform Integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
Network Switching Design Engineer Requirements:
- 10+ Years of IT Experience
- 4+ Years with Routing/Switching
- Experience with Cisco Routing and Switching- Configuration, Implementation, Administration, Tier 3 troubleshooting, etc.
- IAT Level III
- IAT Level III: CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
- CISCO, Linux or Juniper Certification
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCIE, RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIE or equivalent
- Active Secret Clearance
Network Switching Design Engineer Compensation:
- Salary: $150,000 - $160,000 /year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO, Holidays
Keywords: Juniper, Cisco, Brocade, Network Design, Network Integration, router, switch, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, LDAP, NAC, TCP/IP, UDP, Checkpoint, Juniper SRX, Fortigate, Cisco ASA, Firewall, Access Control List, ACL, firewall rule, VPN, Virtual Private Network, configure, maintain, administer, engineer, architect, operations, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, CISSP Associate, JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIS, JNCIE, GCED, GCIH, Quantico, Stafford, Marine Corps, FBI, Secret, Top Secret, SSBI, Clearance