Security Network Architect
Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a Security Network Architect to join a leading organization in the Raleigh Durham area.
This individual will have the opportunity to provide strategic & tactical guidance regarding the network security architecture of a national organization that has a tremendous amount of resources dedicated to building up their CISO Office!
Responsibilities for the Security Network Architect
- This individual will be responsible for network security architecture within the organization!
- Provide a holistic review of network & security technologies, developing requirements for all network security appliances, handle architecture & design while also adhering to industry standards.
- Identify security gaps, vulnerabilities, or areas of improvement
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, and keeping a close eye on emerging security practices & standards by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, & maintaining personal networks & participation in professional organizations.
- Provides mentorship & team leadership to Jr. members of team.
- Oher duties as assigned!
Qualifications for the Security Network Architect
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5 or more years IT Security experience
- Network Security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Logging/Monitoring/Alerting)
- Platform Security (Android, iOS, Windows, Linux)
- Security Concepts (Zero-trust security, Cyber Kill Chain, DDoS resilience)
- Security Management (Identity Management, Credential Management, Access Management, Certificate Management, API Management)
- Fluency in security community best practices (NIST, SOX, etc)
- Ability to evaluate candidate security architectures via rapid prototyping / proof-of-concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm for problem identification and solving
Preferred Qualifications for the Security Network Architect
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Federal Government experience preferred
- Someone who currently holds DoD Secret Clearance or above and/or possesses the ability to pass the Federal Background Clearance process
Compensation for the Security Network Architect
Starting annual base salary ranges from $120,000 - $140,000 plus competitive benefits package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, great retirement benefits & much more! Long term stability with an organization that has a great mission & is dedicated to serving the great good of the public.
Please send resumes to Kyle Mitchell at email@example.com
Keywords: Security, Cyber, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), SPLUNK, leadership, Security Architect, Symantec, SIEM, Security Architect, Secret Clearance, Top Secret, TS/SCI