Zachary Piper, LLC is currently looking for an Network Operations Technician in Herndon, VA to work for one of the largest telecommunication companies in the United States supporting a large scale government project.
Responsibilities for the Network Operations Technician include:
- Hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls in a Data Center and office environment.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and follow a MOP and anticipate problems, and proactively take corrective action.
- Monitoring, configuring, troubleshooting Tier 1/2 events in switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Must be willing to work Shift work 24x7 coverage, weekends, holidays and on-call rotation.
Qualifications for the Network Operations Technician include:
- 2-3 Years of Network Operations experience
- Must understand layer 2 and layer 3 technologies (BGP, VLANs, Trunking, ACLs, IPSec, and L2TP).
- Must be familiar with the following: Juniper (JunOS), Netscreen Firewalls SolarWinds, Cisco Networking Hardware.
- Required computer skills include Outlook, MS Office application suite, circuit topology, and testing tools.
- Basic enterprise Linux skills, VMWare, SQL, and Basic Windows Server Administration.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
Compensation for the Network Operations Technician include:
- Salary Range: $45,000-$85,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, Metlife Dental, VSP Vision, and 401k with Voya
Please send resumes to Jason Dryer at email@example.com