Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking an experienced Network Technician/Engineer at Fort Detrick in Fredrick, MD. The successful candidate will provide IT technical support and provide quality and timely service to customers for a wide range of IT hardware, software and network support. Candidate will also provide communications/LAN support for the installation, repair and maintenance of the several LANs. Candidate shall provide support such as sustaining cable maintenance, networking switching, maintaining site diagrams, and inspecting cable installations of outside Contractors.
- Ability to independently configure and install desktop and laptop systems and install applications on systems.
- Assists with organizing, prioritizing, assisting, and giving directions to the help desk team in meeting the day to day support requirements.
- Maintains documentation for procedures and processes as well as maintenance logs and equipment databases.
- Provide on-site technical support for desktop/laptop computer systems.
- Install hardware and software components purchased as upgrades or additions to the existing IT system.
- Set up of new desktop/laptop systems, migration of old computer files to new computer, and remedial maintenance of existing systems.
- Provide remedial maintenance such as troubleshooting, servicing, and/or repairing desktop/laptop hardware equipment to return to an operational and functional state as defined by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Using MEDCOM’s Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Internal Service Request (ISR) system software Remedy, receive call tickets from the Help Desk, adhering to prioritization of calls, updating Remedy tickets with clear and cogent comments regarding tickets and closing tickets in Remedy.
- Install new network cables/connectors (Cat-5, Coax & Fiber), or coordinate work with subcontractor to perform work.
- Repair and/or replace defective cables/connectors (Cat 5, Coax & Fiber), or coordinate work with subcontractor to perform work.
- Install and wire new network switches, e.g. Cisco 4000, 2950 and 3840 series), or coordinate work with subcontractor to perform work.
- Coordinate with the NEC for programming of new switches and for the replacement of defective network switches.
- Update all telephone, network and communications drawings using standard software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 1-5 years of related experience
- Active CCNA or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
- A favorable Tier 3 Investigation formerly known as National Agency Check with Local Agency and Credit Checks (NACLC); or ability to obtain and maintain a T3 clearance.
- Must be a US citizen
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience performing network modeling, analysis, and planning preferred.
- Previous experience creating, testing, and evaluating networks.
- Previous experience analyzing business requirements to develop technical network solutions preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- $75,000- $80,000 Annually (based off experience)
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
Please send resume to Brandon Denny at email@example.com.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Fredrick, MD 21702
Confidential / Public Trust
Zachary Piper Solutions