Zachary Piper Solutions is currently seeking a Secret or Top Secret Cleared Lead Cloud Engineer that will be supporting a large government program sitting in Quantico, VA. Below is the job description for the role, please let me know if you believe you would be a good fit for the opportunity as they are actively interviewing for this specific opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Lead Cloud Engineer:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and support for the network to include: installation, maintenance, security, and day-to-day monitoring of virtual infrastructure.
- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Maintain and administer applications, custom monitors and custom reports.
- Coordinate and manage overall system maintenance.
- Recommend and implement test sets to provide root cause analysis and resolution for alerts and events and resolve incidents in response to escalated tickets.
- Ability to work with cluster file systems and other technologies to provide redundancy and availability for server farms and applications.
- Develop and execute software, testing, and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Design and customize software to optimize operational efficiency in cloud-based environments.
- Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V tools and VMWare Update Manager.
- Develop and Integrate virtual storage console.
- Perform virtualization integration with New File System (NFS), IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Fiber Channel (FC).
- Execute data store design and management.
- Support virtualization capacity, performance design, and management.
- Manage virtualization high availability/disaster recovery solution design and integration.
- Complete Virtual Switching (Vswitch) design and configuration.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN). Perform tasks of virtualization administrator, managing user and group permissions and security design.
- Initiate security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services.
- Experience with Hyper-V WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
- Support evaluating virtualization and network consolidation.
- Perform virtualization integration with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, SQL 2012R2, external storage devices utilizing LUNs, quota distribution and file sharing and installation on various server hardware.
- Perform system integration with Host Based Security System (HBSS).
Lead Cloud Engineer Requirements include:
- 10+ Years of IT Experience
- 3+ Years of Virtualization Exp., and VMware, Hyper-V, or comparable technology
- IAT Level III
- IAT Level III: CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
- ITIL V3 certificate
- Need to obtain within 60 days
- Active Secret Clearance
Compensation for the Lead Cloud Engineer includes:
- Salary Range: $120,000-140,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with Voya, and Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to Wade Ponce de Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Virtualization, Virtual Server, VMware, Hyper-V, ESXi, AWS, Azure, Cloud, Windows Server, Active Directory, GPO, Group Policy, WSUS, SCCM, Windows, Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator, Project Manager, Consultant, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, CISSP Associate, GCED, GCIH, Quantico, Stafford, Marine Corps, FBI, Secret, Top Secret, SSBI, Clearance