Job Title: IT Program Manager
Duration: 6-month contract to hire
Location: Baltimore, MD or Columbia, MD Office
Our client is seeking an IT Program Manager for their Baltimore or Columbia, MD offices who is responsible for facilitating program execution across an organizational IT project portfolio. In this capacity, the program manager leads a team that is responsible for escalating impediments, managing risk, maintaining relationship with clients, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. The Program Manager ensures mission execution and leads / facilitates project teams through development and delivery. Engages directly with stakeholders to define mission value and to prioritize work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfaces with stakeholder management, various IT workstreams, and IT support teams.
- Provides focus and consistency to all current and future projects.
- Works closely to ensure projects are following established global template standards.
- Coaches all workstreams and has a continued focus on quality and commitment.
- Reinforces absolute transparency across the deliverables.
- Escalates critical issues for appropriate/timely resolution.
- Facilitates sharing of best practices through informal communication channels and/or formal training sessions.
- Interprets and maintains basic financial management schedules including budgets, forecasts and other related financial information. Review budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Develops best practices, techniques, and tools for release planning, milestone/dependency tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Effectively communicates and manages project expectations to stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationships with members of the international institutions involved in value delivery.
- Ability to adapt and function effectively in different cultures and environments.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive information technology experience in project implementation and PMO organizations in a collaborative IT service focused environment.
- Bilingual candidate with Spanish and/or Portuguese desired
- A solid background of experience and an impressive record of innovation and attainment of goals within complex environments, especially in a global enterprise environment and matrixed organizations.
- Previous international experience is required as well as the ability to travel.
- Strong change management and leadership skills, and the ability to apply them to implement new systems and redesign work, are required.
- Experience in directing and managing within a dynamic and challenging environment, working inclusively through people to achieve shared objectives.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION:
- PMI and/or Scaled Agile certifications are helpful.
Please send all qualified resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org