Job Title: IT Program Director
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Length: Contract to Hire
Compensation: Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education
Clearance: Able to obtain & maintain a Public Trust
* U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship*
- Oversee large program modernization effort, consolidating three legacy systems into one new application as well as ensuring the data migration to an AWS environment is successfully completed.
- Must be technically astute in DevOps, Microservices and AWS Data Lakes.
- Ensure that program meets or exceeds expectations by overseeing all program activities to include, but not limited to, schedule, scope, budget, risk and quality control.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the client and company, providing quick resolution to issues that arise.
- Facilitate activities between the company, customers and partners, providing continual status reports and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Active participate in all Program Increments (PIs) which include the clients and multiple contractors supporting various programs. Ensure team is proactive in the PI session as well as the retrospective, providing accurate and timely feedback to the team.
- Works closely with the SAFE Agile Coach to ensure teams are on target and collaborating to various stakeholders and team members
- Directs the activities of program staff and sub-contractors and is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of the program tasks.
- Manage customer expectations with regard to the program and related activities. Explore methods for improvement and make recommendations to company management and customers for improving and/or enhancing the program. Work with the client to turn ideas into future business opportunities.
- Actively engage in change management with stakeholders to ensure successful acceptance and readiness of delivered solution.
- Support and adhere to an identified system and software lifecycles, operational procedures, and security standards by following the required processes.
- Identify barriers and risk factors that may inhibit or impede the program and/or its projects and define mitigation strategies.
- Provide input regarding project management processes.
- Hire, train and manage staff. Direct and lead all members of the program team to achieve program objectives. Coach staff to meet performance standards.
- Work closely with Financial Analyst to ensure budgetary compliance is maintained and EVM reports are delivered on schedule.
- Ability to lead a staff of 80+ employees.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare, or Information Technology or another relevant field. A master’s degree in a relevant field is highly desirable. Years of experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
- 14- 15+ years of program management experience within projects and programs that focus on Healthcare related initiatives or equivalent training/experience.
- Proven experience in managing healthcare IT programs as well as multiple, large projects/programs.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience complying with computer security requirements
- Experience in leading edge technology and innovation.
- Experience in use of Open Source tools and the selection of them.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certification
- Exceptional communication skills, including issue resolution, negotiation, and conflict management. Clear and concise communication expertise both at the executive level and across the program team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal
- Ability to think strategically and to mold IT projects to meet business requirements.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from client and/or partners.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Previous experience with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) contracts a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Shows strong personal initiative with ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Zachary Piper Solutions