Piper Companies is currently looking for an Information Security Analyst to work in Suitland, MD.
Responsibilities for the Information Security Analyst:
- To monitor and/or maintain security settings and compliance across systems; plan and carry out security measures, track and respond to POAMs, perform risk assessments, work closely with IT security officers and management; and demonstrate knowledge of technologies and best practice methods.
- Serve as a hands-on SME for ensuring all applications receive Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and maintain an acceptable C&A status.
- Interface with the government security representatives to ensure that Agency-specific security requirements are fulfilled, and that application obtain / maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO) across the environment.
- Support client with the administration of IT application systems operations and ensuring compliance with Federal security regulations, policies, guidelines, and applicable National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
- Support protecting the integrity of systems and applications by helping enforce organizational security policies and monitoring vulnerability scanning.
- Support management of systems configurations to help mitigate identified system vulnerabilities. Reports and responds to IA violations and incidents.
- Prepare required documentation to support the C&A process.
- Nice to have but not required Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Qualifications for the Information Security Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 4 to 5 years of experience as an Information Security Analyst
- Strong understanding and experience with security tools (i.e. risk assessment)
- Experience with various environments, such as Linux, Solaris, Unix, Windows, Oracle
- Strong multi-tasker and attention to detail
- Experience with developing security plans and implementing security controls across environments.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) nice to have
Compensation for the Information Security Analyst:
- Salary Range: $125,000 - $145,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, Vacation, Holiday, 401k
Please send resumes to Garrett Bernier at email@example.com or call # 703.552.8192
Information Security, InfoSec, IA, ISSO, Information Assurance, Security, CISSP, security+, sec+, CEH, C&A, Certification & Accreditation, DIACAP, RMF, ANA, NIST, FIPS, risk management, risk, POAM, Unix, Linux, Solaris, Microsoft, windows, oracle, enterprise