Zachary Piper Solutions is currently seeking a Health Scientist to support a Center for Disease Control (CDC) contract in Atlanta, GA. The Health Scientist will be assigned to the Polio and Picornavirus Laboratory Branch (PPLB), Division of Viral Diseases (DVD), National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), at the CDC.
- Designs, oversees, implements, and conducts major scientific surveys/studies, research or projects to identify and solve public health problems.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data using appropriate quantitative or qualitative methods.
- Identifies and analyzes public health issues and their impact on operations that are critical to the public health community at large.
- Develops and or uses innovative methodologies and techniques.
- Recommends changes in programs, policies, and/or resource allocations as a result of these efforts
- Searches, synthesizes and interprets information relevant to public health.
- Reviews and analyzes studies and projects assessing major and or sensitive public health issues in order to make recommendations for processes, procedures and /or policies related to public health programs, practices and research.
- Master’s degree in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included:
- 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms
- 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent;
- 6 years of related internship, fellowship, or professionally related experience
- ISO 9001/Certification for Quality Control in a Research Laboratory or equivalent (Desired)
- Certification in Project Management (Desired)
- Virology Laboratory Experience (Desired)
- Experience in Molecular and Cellular Biology (Desired)
- Experience with MEGA, Vector NTI, or other similar databases (Desired)
- Medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k, Holiday
Please send only qualified resumes to Kyle Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org
Behavioral Science, systematic reviews, cdc, center for disease control, population study, intervention,
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Atlanta, GA 30333
Zachary Piper Solutions