Job Title: HCD Designer
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Duration: Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for a Human Centered Designer to support the requirements of a Federal Agency contract which supports the development of healthcare applications and technologies, service delivery models, and other approaches that can be efficiently and effectively scaled. Through the use of HCD, the applications will better meet the needs of end users and will be designed more appropriately to enable improved efficiency and quality data collection.
We are seeking a highly motivated HCD designer to join our diverse team. You will be challenged to exceed conventional thinking using experimental approaches coupled with critical thinking and self-driven goal-setting.
Employ a human-centered perspective to explore a diverse range of behaviors, attitudes and mindsets to develop a deep understanding of emerging needs that will instigate the creation of novel solutions (products, services and business models).
- Craft compelling stories.
- Collaborate with our client, colleagues and outside partners to translate insights into provoking stories and potent strategies for innovative healthcare software products and services.
- Create compelling designs.
- Take analysis from user and healthcare research to create designs that meet the needs and scope of the product development teams.
- Document verifiable research in actionable direction for design as well as for other stakeholders
- Employ a flexible mindset.
- Work on multiple parallel projects, in various roles, in a non-hierarchical fast-paced environment. Be willing to try, fail and adapt in a SAFe agile cycle.
- Contribute to the program’s design system to enhance a rich set of design patterns that reflect best practices and provide reusable components for the benefit of product teams.
- User, tracking data and internet research
- Gather data from multiple sources (including user testing) to create a comprehensive database of information for analysis
- An experienced professional possessing an inquisitive nature and the self-confidence to experiment in approach and method to explore and uncover people’s latent needs.
- A designer with 2+ years of professional work experience in the field of human centered design and HCD deliverables.
- Ability to see the big picture and balance that vision with a detail-oriented, organized delivery approach.
- Hands-on experience within in a scaled agile environment – utilizing SAFe is preferred.
- Hands-on experience utilizing different methods and tools – Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, JIRA, DSDM, TDD, etc.
- Understanding and experience of web technologies preferred.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Software requirements:
- Sketch 4
- Creative Cloud
- InVision (or comparable prototyping software)
- Preferred requirements:
- Angular 4+, CSS, HTML
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Zachary Piper Solutions