ZP Group is searching for a Financial Analyst to join our organization to work with key stakeholders to capture reporting requirements as well as analyzing financial data operational reports.
ZP Group provides niche services and solutions across cyber strategy, consulting, technology and compliance.
This is a Fulltime position located in our McLean, VA Headquarters.
Work as part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team to produce accurate financial models, analysis, and reports as well as provide excellent customer service to internal customers through detailed reporting including but not limited to Dashboards, KPIs, utilization reports, projections, and other ad-hoc requests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports; assist with writing reports in Adaptive/Office Connect to automate reporting process
- Build complex Excel models including projections, budgets, and Dashboards
- Support the FP&A team in preparing monthly rolling forecasts, working with the business leaders to gather inputs and assumptions
- Provide thorough and accurate monthly analysis of financial performance relative to budget, forecast and long-range strategic planning
- Assist with the analysis of budget variances and financial trends for future budgeting and forecasting activities
- Be proactive about uncovering ways to improve financial operations of the business through analysis of historical performance and suggesting implementation of efficiencies in forecasts and budgets
- Perform ad-hoc analysis with a quick turn-around
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a corporate finance function or conducting complex financial analysis; experience in a corporate FP&A role a plus
- Ability to understand financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows Statement)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a technical degree with prior finance related experience
- Advance knowledge of Excel with high proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; ability to combine multiple reports using data tables, pivots, and complex nested formulas
- Must be self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within tight time constraints
- Ability to display a solid understanding of financial analysis with knowledge of accounting/financial principles
- Experience building/managing models, budgets, KPI, and dashboards
- Prior experience with Adaptive & Net Suite a plus
Preferred Education and Experience
- Analytical skills for financial research and modeling in a complex multi-subsidiary environment
- Positive attitude with the constant drive to improve current processes and procedures; ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and to implement improvements when appropriate for the overall success of the business
- Benefits: United Healthcare Medical (PPO), Guardian Dental, VSP Vision, UNLIMITED PTO, 401k w/ 3% Match through Voya