Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a dynamic senior-level, skilled IBM DB2 Database Administrator to support ongoing critical requirements within our Homeland Security Division. The DB2 Database Administrator will be responsible for providing DB2 database engineering and administration support. The resource will be responsible for designing, validating, implementing, and sustaining IBM DB2 Database Infrastructure, provide customer project support with thorough analysis, and offering alternative solutions, evaluations, and advice on complex DB2 related problems. The resource will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success. The successful candidate will have a proven track record with the following:
- Administering database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation;
- Providing technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environments;
- Assisting applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases;
- Providing technical support for day-to-day DB2 with High Availability (HADR) in AIX Power HA environment including developing and applying procedures for periodic database backups using IBM TSM, measuring database performance and troubleshooting complex database and HADR issues.
- Implementing and maintaining databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods; including maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation.
- Maintaining database dictionaries and documents Job Control Language (JCL), SQL, Perl and shell scripts and batch processes.
- Coordinating and Implementing changes to DB2 (version 10.5) and DB2 FixPaks in AIX and Linux environments to improve performance, stability and security;
- Configuring, maintaining and monitoring system, user databases, schemas, table spaces, tables, indexes, buffer pools, logs and instances in an AIX and Linux environment;
- Reviewing project requests and determining rough order of magnitude estimate of time and cost required to accomplish scope.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 4+ years hands on database administration experience with IBM DB2;
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) or equivalent;
- IBM Certified Database Administrator (Preferred but not required)
- Secret Clearance (Required)
Please email qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Annapolis Junction, 20701
Zachary Piper Solutions
Zachary Piper Solutions