Job Title: Data Scientist
Length: Contract to Hire
Compensation: Competitive Based on Education and Experience
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation data analytics platform using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies. Java, Scala, R
- Data integration with Spark, Big Data, Pentaho
- Data Lake and/or Data warehouse with S3, Redshift
- NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB
- Provide software expertise in these areas: Spark based applications, Java application integration, web services, Cloud computing.
- Develop solutions to enable metadata/rules engine driven data analytics application leveraging open source and/or cloud native components.
- Passion for learning, growing, and mentor team members on the fine art of data engineering and advanced data science technologies.
- Develop solutions in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 6+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 4+ years of combined experience with Java, Scala or R
- 2+ years of combined experience in Apache Spark or Big Data Integration
- 2+ years of combined experience building Data Lake with S3 and/or Redshift
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably SAFe
- Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Excellent knowledge of Spark SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Excellent knowledge of core java, collection framework, generics and multithreading
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux commands especially in processing data files
- Preferred experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Preferred experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, Junit, Karma/Jasmine)
- Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies (S3, Redshift)
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Zachary Piper Solutions