Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer for a contract to hire position in Chantilly, VA, supporting internal products and government solutions.
Responsibilities of the Cyber Security Engineer:
- Provide security guidance and driving infrastructure decisions in collaboration with other technical and management stakeholders, ensuring security principles are being upheld
- Possess an understanding of security monitoring products across tools and platforms (Log Management analysis, Intrusion Detection analysis, Vulnerability Scanning analysis, and etc.)
- Work face-to-face with multiple stakeholders interviewing, planning, or participating in a team effort to bring multiple complex projects to completion in a highly motivated, fast paced environment.
- Defining and/or refining SLAs / OLAs in order to meet technical, operational, security and business needs
- Support others in analyzing and resolving difficult technical problems
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and escalation resource as appropriate (network, server and application troubleshooting).
- Maintain current knowledge on Security Industry, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO, FEDRAMP, DIACAP, NIST and other standards as appropriate
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of new and existing IT systems in order to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
- Engage in ongoing research of emerging trends and new technologies which may benefit PDRI-CEB’s goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance business performance, and specifically support the Information Systems security function.
Requirements for the Cyber Security Engineer:
- BS degree, and experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of security and privacy best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Web Application Firewalls •In-depth understanding of standard protocols
- Hands on experience with forensics-based investigation of Windows and Unix based systems for detecting the root cause of Information Security incidents. Ability to develop detection and response mechanisms.
- Ability to perform risk assessments and build risk mitigation plans.
- Knowledge of Cyber security architecture and design (firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Server Infrastructure, Vulnerability Scanners, Virtual Private Networking, virus protection technologies, and Log Management among others).
Compensation for the Cyber Security Engineer:
- $110,000 - $125,000 depending on experience
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision, 401k, PTO, holidays, and more)
Please send qualified resumes to Nick Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org