Piper Companies is currently looking for a Cost Estimator to work in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities for the Cost Estimator:
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyze documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
Qualifications for the Cost Estimator:
- Do to Security Clearance Requirements must be a US Citizen and the ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust suitability
- 3 + years of experience as a cost estimator
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Information Technology or another related field.
Compensation for the Cost Estimator:
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $55,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, Vacation, Holiday, 401k
Please send resumes to Garrett Bernier at firstname.lastname@example.org or call # 703.552.8192
accounting, economics, business, information technology, software development life-cycle, government contracts, cost management, estimator, government, schedules, planning sheets, budget, management, projects, 401k, holidays, PTO, benefits