Piper Companies is currently looking for a Cloud System Engineer to work in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities for the Cloud System Engineer:
- Provides professional services support for customers migrating to milCloud® 2.0 with subject matter expertise (SME) in virtualization technologies, such as KVM and Hyper-V.
- Collaborates across internal teams and works with customers to assess and evaluate virtualization configurations, best practices, and recommended technical approaches.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and configure migrated VM’s
- Proficiency in implementing and sustaining KVM-based VM’s on large-scale deployments
- Evaluates application workloads migrated to milCloud 2.0® to ensure performance and system requirements are met.
Qualifications for the Cloud System Engineer:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ (or related security certification)
- Expert knowledge in virtualization technologies (i.e. KVM, Hyper-V)
- Hands-on proficiency in VM installation and configuration for large-scale cloud environments
- Experience with best practices associated with migrating and configuring VM’s across geographically distributed cloud-based architecture.
- Strong debugging and systems analysis skills able to identify and quickly resolve virtualization issues associated with cloud migration
- Strong background and understanding of application architectures, networking security, reliability, resiliency, and scaling concepts
- Deep knowledge of security standards such as FedRAMP, FISMA and SRG
- Strong networking knowledge
Compensation for the Cloud System Engineer
- Salary Range: $105,000 - $125,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, Vacation, Holiday, 401k
Please send resumes to Garrett Bernier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud System Engineer, virtualization technologies, KVM and Hyper-V, Diagnose, troubleshoot, configure migrated VM’s, milCloud 2.0®, CompTIA Security +, FedRAMP, FISMA and SRG, DoD Secret Clearance, Medical and Dental Benefits, Vision, PTO, Holidays, 401k