Administrative Specialist – Health Affairs Office
This position supports the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and is located at the Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ) in Falls Church, VA. The DHA is a Combat Support Agency responsible for directing, or planning and coordinating a variety of service functions that are principally work-supporting.
- Reports to DHA CNA Program Manager
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
Essential Responsibilities & Functions: (additional duties upon request)
- Manage the executive's schedule/calendar.
- Coordinate travel (local and long distance) arrangements using the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Complete travel vouchers/expense reports on behalf of the executive.
- Schedule meetings and serve as a single point of contact with other Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies/departments, Congressional committees and offices, managed care contractors, and other entities agencies to coordinate meetings and briefings between staff.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to meetings including facilitation of the creation and distribution of agendas, read-ahead packets, and other materials. Ensure conference room reservation and setup, coordinate/support audio-visual equipment for the meeting, take/format/distribute meeting minutes, track status of any open issues/actions stemming from the meeting.
- Serve as the primary coordinator for visitors and meetings.
- Track and coordinate high-visibility correspondence through the DHA/HA Correspondence Control System.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- MS Office Tools required (Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of administrative regulations and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of the mission, functions, and structure of the organization, and able to obtain data and information regarding work operations and to prepare a report of findings.
- A working knowledge of the United States Military and the Department of Defense to include but not limited to ranks and titles of uniformed service members.
- Knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS) is preferred.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Clerical office experience preferred.
- Active security clearance, Position of Trust, or Common Access Card (CAC) required.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Falls Church, VA 22042
Confidential / Public Trust
Zachary Piper Solutions